Top Ten Tuesday is the popular meme created and run by The Broke and Bookish.
Ten Books Christina Recently Added to Her To-Be Read List
I have fortunately received some great book recommendations lately. Thanks to Goodreads, it’s so easy to keep track of my to-read list! Looking at the books I recently added, here are ten I’m looking forward to getting to:
1. Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy: Four Women Undercover in the Civil War by Karen Abbott – This book was recommended by Erin Lindsay McCabe (author of I Shall Be Near to You). Given my love for Civil War history, I am looking forward to reading this.
3. A Hedonist in the Cellar: Adventures in Wine by Jay McInerney – I was recommended this book by my Business of Wine class teacher to further my knowledge of the wine industry. Looking forward to reading this!
4. The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner – As you all know, I recently read The Maze Runner with the book club and loved it! One of my friends brought me the rest of the series to check out. Can’t wait to dive on in!
5. The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) by Brandon Sanderson – One of my old roommates saw I was George R. R. Martin obsessed after finishing his A Song of Ice and Fire series. He recommended I check out this book series if I like Martin – it’s epic, fantasy, adventure. Awesome.
6. Whiskey Women: The Untold Story of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey by Fred Minnick – This book popped up on my recommended for me by Goodreads based on what I had read and others were reading… it sounds fun, entertaining and like a good casual read.
7. A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas – This book is expected to be released May, 2015. I came across it in a give-away and tried to win it (I failed at that). But it seems so up my alley fantasy-wise. I am really looking forward to this book’s release!
8. The Other Boleyn Girl (The Tudor Court, #2) by Philippa Gregory – I have seen this movie and was recently recommended the book by a colleague of mine. I love historical fiction so added this straight to my to-read shelf.
10. The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – This is our April book-club selection so naturally one of the next on my to-read lists. As soon as I finish Water for Elephants I plan to start this one!