Friday 56: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

friday 56

This meme is run by Freda at Freda’s Voice.

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that’s ok.)
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don’t spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It’s that simple.

annaSo, when this goes live, I will be on a plane to Las Vegas. And on that plane, I will be working my way (likely pretty quickly) towards page 56 of my current book: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Yes, you may start gushing now! It is my first time reading this much-raved about book and I’m trying hard to go into with no expectations, but we’ll see!

He shrugs and I pause, debating whether I want to know the answer to my next question. Probably not, but I ask anyway. “How long have you and Ellie been dating?”

St. Clair thinks for a moment. “About a year now, I suppose.”

I am only on like page 3, but I get the significance of this already, just based on what’s on the back of the book. :)

Have you read this popular book?

pj - michelle

What do you think?

• I have noticed this book around…interesting excerpt. Thanks for sharing…and here’s mine: “THE SILENT SISTER”

• Kathy Martin says:

I liked this one very much. I hope you enjoy it too. Happy reading!

• Not sure if this is for me, but thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

• I’ve heard about this book and how popular it is but I’m a bit skeptical about it… The title sounds so lame! Is the book any good?

Here’s my Friday 56

• Alicia says:

This is one of those books that have been recommending to me many times and I think I will pick it up soon.
    My Friday 56

• Anne says:

I guess since you are only on page three you may not know this yet, but this book is AWESOME. Have fun reading it. My Friday Thoughts

• Freda Mans says:

I’ve heard sweet things about this one…

Happy weekend!

• I haven’t read it but I know my daughter got it the other day. She planned on reading only a few pages but ended up staying up to late devouring the book in one sitting! Hope you’re enjoying it!

• I hope you enjoy Anna!! I just read it for the first time about two weeks ago :) that quote is really great too :) thanks for sharing!!

• Vicki says:

I’ve seen some good review of this book, but don’t think it’s for me.
    Here’s My 56

• laura thomas says:

Enjoy Vegas! I’ve heard so many good things about this one.
    Here is my 56 – http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/08/22/the-friday-56-33-thunder-moon-by-lori-handeland/

• Amy Putkonen says:

I love reading books on a plane. Nothing like that totally captive audience to get you through the book with no distractions! I hope you enjoyed it!

• Michelle Michelle says:

I did enjoy it, though I’m afraid I didn’t love it as much as other people have! I tend to fall asleep on flights so reading is a bit harder for me…which is so pathetic!