Love-A-Thon Challenge #2: Book Valentines

book-blogger-love-a-thon-2014

Mini-Challenge #2: Book Valentines

This challenge is exactly what it sounds like: we are to write a little love letter to a character in a book.

Now, I am torn between writing one for one of the various attractive characters in a book, or perhaps doing one a little more tongue-in-cheek…It’s just so hard to think of the right recipient…

Oh Sookie,

Will you be yours?
Not mine. Not Eric’s, Bill’s, or whatever creature du jour is on your list today.
Will you be yours?
It’s time for some “me time” and some introspection. Some self-love.
Will you be yours?
And perhaps you’ll survive this Valentine’s.

Well, be grateful that there’s not like a million dollars up for grabs based on this. :) What’s your valentine letter?

What do you think?

• Alexa S. says:

I love that you took a different route with your valentine! Sounds like Sookie needs some sense shaken into her 😉

• Michelle Michelle says:

Yes! And I just realized I didn’t put even the series she’s from. Yikes! But yes, Sookie from the Southern Vampire series does need some girl friends to shake her into more sensible decisions.

• Nice interpretation on the topic! That Sookie, sigh. I agree that she needs some introspection!

• Michelle Michelle says:

I know right?! I haven’t finished the whole series, but I just got sick of her bouncing around. At least supernaturals don’t carry STDs?

• Fida says:

Oh! I really love this and how you did it!!

• Annie says:

I love your take on this challenge! Very, very smart! I think we could say the same for a bunch of other characters as well! :)

• Michelle Michelle says:

Yeah, it just seems that there are some characters who can’t stay out of unhealthy relationships. Which I guess is also realistic.

• Kelly says:

I haven’t read anything in this series, because I can’t get past how silly her name is. But it also sounds like she needs a little sense shaken in to her, so maybe I’m not missing out on too much? Haha

• Michelle Michelle says:

haha no not at all! Basically, she just has a ton of sexual and romantic relations with supernatural guys and is always putting herself in trouble. She’s the girl who can’t stay single for very long. She definitely needs some single girl time. 😛

• I love this! I still need to read the last two books in the Sookie Stackhouse series, but I totally agree–that girl needs some serious time to herself! Great job!

• I’ve never read Sookie Stackhouse series but I get it because I’ve some idea. Ha ha.